- 1 ADULT
IN A SANDWICH MAKER
- Preheat the Sandwich Maker.
- Butter two slices of your bread of choice and sandwich together
- Lift the top slice with the filling off the bottom slice and place in the sandwich maker, buttered side down. Top with the remaining slice of bread, making sure the buttered side faces up.
- Close the sandwich maker and toast until crisp and golden.
UNDER THE GRILL (OPEN TOASTIE)
- Preheat the Grill.
- Grill your bread of choice on both sides until toasted.
- Place your filling of choice on top, finishing with cheese.
- Grill until cheese melts.
IN A FRYING PAN
- Butter two slices of your bread of choice and sandwich together.
- Place your filling of choice on TOP of the two slices.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan.
- Lift the top slice with the filling off the bottom slice and place in the pan, buttered side down. Top with the remaining slice of bread, making sure the buttered side faces up.
- Use a large flat spatula pressed down with a wooden spoon to flatten the toastie as it cooks until it is golden underneath. Flip over and repeat.
TOP 10 TOASTIES
Here are some of our favourite COON Toastie combinations, but feel free to mix and match and make up your own classic COON Toastie!
- Roast Chicken, Pesto and COON Tasty on Sourdough
- Fried Bacon, Tomato, Avocado, COON Tasty and Caesar Dressing on Multi-grain Bread
- Chargrilled Eggplant, Tomato, Pesto and COON Tasty in Pita Bread
- Salami, Roast Capsicum, Olives and COON Colby on Ciabatta
- Smoked Ham, Sautéed Mushrooms, COON Colby and Mustard on Sliced Vienna Bread
- Ham, Pineapple, Spring Onion and COON Colby on Thick White Toast Bread
- Smoked Salmon, Avocado, Baby Spinach and COON Light'n Tasty on Rye Bread
- Prosciutto, Basil, Sun Dried Tomatoes and COON Tasty on Foccacia
- Tuna, Rocket, Roast Capsicum and COON Light'n Tasty on Wholemeal Bread
- Baked Beans, Bacon and COON Tasty on Multigrain Bread