- 20 MIN
- 15 MIN
- 4 ADULTS
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 chicken fillets, skinned
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- extra light olive oil, for shallow frying
- 4 slices ham
- 1 cup Italian-style tomato cooking sauce (passata)
- 125g COON® Shredded Tasty Cheese
To save time, use pre-crumbed chicken or veal schnitzels from the butcher!
- Combine breadcrumbs, salt and pepper together.
- Coat in flour, shaking off excess, dip in egg and coat in breadcrumb mixture, pressing chicken firmly with the heel of your hand to flatten.
- Heat oil in a large frypan and shallow fry chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Place on an oven tray and top each with a slice of ham, tomato sauce and COON® Shredded Tasty Cheese and grill or bake at 200°C for 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Serve with salad.
Pesto Veal Parmigiana: Substitute 4 thin veal steaks for chicken fillets, sliced red capsicum for ham and ½ cup pesto for tomato sauce. Proceed as per recipe.
Mexican Chicken Parmigiana: Substitute spicy Mexican taco sauce for tomato sauce and sliced avocado for ham. Proceed as per recipe.
Ham and Pineapple Parmigiana: Substitute tomato sauce with thinly sliced pineapple. Proceed as per recipe.